Storage played a significant role in the recent California heatwaves and outages and is playing a more significant role in ERCOT. This session will examine how energy storage assets have changed (and will continue to change) the grid planning and operations across the US.
- The role of storage in getting around some of the transmission and interconnection issues in areas prone to concerns around power supply reliability caused by extreme weather events
- How Virtual Power Plants and microgrids can help with congestion reduction
- Renewable energy curtailment management which in turn can help meet state policy goals
- The flexible capacity value storage can provide to the grid
- Transmission deferral
- Storage resources providing ancillary services