Ensuring the Safety of BESS Systems
Time: 15:50 - 16:30
Theatre: Room Two
Preventing explosions and disasters with battery energy storage systems is a hugely important issue, with the majority of operational installations still using lithium-ion. In this session, we look at improving fire and explosion safety through products and innovative technology solutions.
- What are the best solutions for preventing explosions and thermal runaway with BESS systems?
- Do you know the critical variables when sizing explosion vent panels?
- Investing in proper surge protection and grounding solutions to help maintain the healthy operation of your storage system, minimizing expensive maintenance and repair work
- Using battery analytics software to monitor assets and ensure reliability
- Alex Bates Senior Member of Technical Staff, Power Sources Technology Group - Sandia National Laboratories