Texas has been steaming ahead, with 1,170MW of energy storage installed in the second quarter of 2022, in spite of the ongoing supply chain crisis. This panel will discuss what next for one of the leading markets in the US, and one with an urgent need to continue ramping up storage as an answer to its weather-related problems and ensuring resiliency for the grid.
- What happens if the revenue services market is not enough for the amount needing to be built?
- What will happen in a booming market when batteries are marginalized, with too many batteries and not enough services?
- What learnings can be applied from other countries who have already experienced similar circumstances?
- How can you continue to make money from storage in ERCOT?
- What are the prospects for storage under the new Performance Credit Mechanism?